Sunday, September 9, 2012

"Coming to America" feathered headdress

When I was looking around the prop house sale in Burbank, I saw these awesome feathered headdresses and Immediately knew what they were.

They are custom made feathered headdresses for the Eddie Murphy Film "Coming to America."

I contemplated if I actually needed to call it "the Eddie Murphy Film" since I think everyone on the planet has seen the film. If you haven't, find a tall bridge to jump off of. Do it. Now. Put your non-good movie viewing life out of its misery.

I spoke to the owner of the prop house and she confirmed that they had purchased them at an auction from either the production company or the studio.

They were incredibly well made and aside from perhaps the princes' jacket with the gold necklace they are some of the more identifying costume pieces from the film.

They were selling for $269 each, a bit steep but probably worth it for the right collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment