Friday, September 14, 2012

TREASURE HUNT: box of old 1930-1940 kansas family photos

Geez Louise I love old photos!
There is something extremely satisfying about holding a old photograph in my hand. The texture, the yellowing of old photochemicals, there's something really special about them.
In the digital age, photos have become information and data. I'm not anti-technology by any means. I love my Canon 7d and I have long acknowledged the enevitable eradication of photo chemical photography. It's going to happen.
But that doesn't mean I won't have a soft spot for traditional photography for the rest of my life.
Often when we are out, we find boxes of old photos. Once cherished they are usually viewed by younger generations as "garbage" that takes up too much space. If the family is smart, they will try to sell them and I purchase them whenever I am able.
We found this lot at an estate sale. The family didn't want them and we purchased them on the cheap.
Alot of them were just snapshots of family cars and brothers and sisters. But there are usually a few gems.
This lot also came with a stack of cabinet cards, which are always neat to look at.
Well divide them up into lots and probably put them on the etsy store for other people to enjoy.
I LOVE old photographs, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment